Comments: Quick crossword tournament update

You did good, kid.

I did the Klahn in twelveish minutes with no errors. Damn, I need to avoid errors and get faster overall!

Posted by Orange at March 3, 2008 10:37 AM

Having connection issues this morning so hoping this works: congratulations! You (and Orange) are amazing. As I tried to say before, my notes from the nether regions of somewhere-slightly-above-the-middle-of-the-pack: I did the C clues (I'm a mere mortal, after all!) and wound up between the 2nd and 3rd C finalists time-wise - now I just need to jump up a couple hundred slots to get a crack at a big board! Great to see you - Tony

Posted by Tony Orbach at March 3, 2008 11:07 AM

Congrats! you took your puzzle 7 error better than I took mine in the analogous situation. (Except mine was for the C finals. In 2002. And I'm still talking about it, apparently.)

Posted by Ken at March 3, 2008 11:12 AM

If it had happened last year, I would have been crushed, I think. This year I'm able to be more philosophical about it, having been in the finals once.

Note that this doesn't necessarily mean I won't still be talking about this error in 2014.

Posted by Francis at March 3, 2008 12:00 PM

I wondered what happened to you, since when I checked the standings at 10:30 yesterday morning, I saw you were in 3rd place and got so excited for you. Oh well -- there's always next year.

Posted by Debby at March 3, 2008 05:53 PM

Glad you liked playing Aunt Millie's Millions. I'm resigned to not being much good at improv, but I certainly enjoyed watching you embody your character.

And, yes, 10th is my best placement ever. w00t!

Posted by Scott W at March 4, 2008 09:26 AM

Since there is only one person in the background of The Brain Trust in this tournament recap, and that person finished in a VERY respectable 7th place, you'd think that person would be identified.

Posted by Charles at March 5, 2008 11:45 AM

I just wanted to thank you for the area guide. It helped us with some navigation and also with finding two very good meals (Hot Bagels and Taze) during the tournament. Much appreciated.

Posted by Jerry at March 10, 2008 09:40 PM

I used this strategy if we went to any Improv. I found myself setting my feet with the drink station on the stools We were on and additionally had no idea about I'd been bending the various sequins, I had been disappointed throughout myself. If only world of warcraft were being leg top.

Posted by world of warcraft at October 23, 2013 06:38 AM