Comments: And the crisped rice in this Nestle Crunch represents the crown of thorns, which would also be crunchy if you bit it

And these SweeTarts candy canes are the candy canes of the Devil. The pink stripes represent lust; the dark green, envy; the dark red, wrath; the yellow, greed; the light blue, sloth; the dark blue, gluttony—and of course the overall rainbow appearance stands for pride.

Posted by Orange at December 26, 2007 12:03 AM

I shudder to think which of Jesus' bodily functions would have been represented by our candy canes.

Posted by mamagotcha at December 26, 2007 12:41 AM

The other day, when I first saw this entry, I skimmed the excerpt from Luke, because I am a heathen. And then when I checked your blog to see if you'd updated it recently, you slacker, I noticed a sentence in the excerpt I strongly suspect is not in the King James version. (Perhaps there's a Spangler version I'm unaware of?)

Posted by Debby at December 28, 2007 06:36 PM

Also not very Christian: Fizzywinkle's peppermint pants.

Posted by Francis at December 29, 2007 12:47 PM

If I may make the obvious Simpsons reference:

Mmm... sacrilicious.

Posted by Jim at December 30, 2007 03:50 AM

Disconcertingly, the Spangler version of this story adds "When you break the cane, it reminds us that Jesus' body was broken for us." It fails to then list other things that one might do to a candy cane, or which of Jesus' trials they signify. Frankly, I'd have thought an Everlasting Gobstopper a better sugary metaphor for Jesus than a candy cane, but I'm no theologist.

Posted by Scott at December 30, 2007 11:01 PM

I was aware of the candy cane analogy, but I hadn't heard the part about the fine stripes. I consider that to be extra style points.

Posted by Douglas at January 1, 2008 12:17 PM

Don't forget, for the sake of the pope, that candy canes are longer than they are wide, symbolizing the fact that Jesus was a boy and so women can't be priests, so there.

Posted by Dan Hoey at January 3, 2008 05:04 PM

My second a single wow items and i really like them just as considerably as the very first. Happy with the two choices. They're trendy, but oh so nice.

Posted by wow items at October 22, 2013 02:55 AM