Comments: If you have to ask...

Does anyone have a hankering to see a short comedy about polyamory? (NSFW at all.) Here's "Polly Wally."

Posted by Orange at July 17, 2006 06:54 PM

Well, that was...off-topic.

Posted by Francis at July 18, 2006 12:35 AM

Yeah, I know, the poly thread was a few weeks ago (and crikey, it's now got spam comments appended to it—albeit mostly hapless spam comments without fruitful links).

Sorry 'bout that.

Posted by Orange at July 18, 2006 10:39 AM

I think the Amigone funeral homes back home were the first example of wordplay in my life when I was say 6 and, on learning about death, realized that name was a bit odd when we'd drive by them.

I always wondered if they specialized in fake funerals or in resurrections or, say, zombification, to make the "amigone" name make more sense.

Posted by Thomas at July 18, 2006 02:59 PM

Does Amigone rhyme with Antigone? As in Antigone Rising?

Posted by RichM at July 18, 2006 10:20 PM

Antigone as in "Greek Tragedy" was what Orange was getting at, maybe.

Is this some sort of bletiquette gaffe or something, making references to the blog's past? Like if I mentioned time-cubes or promiscuous smurfs I would risk I would become a social pariah for a day?

Orange, I will never have a blog. But if I ever have one, I will welcome you there, and any allusion to past events.

I have no idea what that polyamory episode was really about.

Posted by Ruby Dohler at July 19, 2006 11:49 AM

On a cross country trip we saw more than a few examples of mortuary wordplay. The two I remember most:

Somen and Bonin funeral home, platteville, wis.
('some' of course is Greek for body)

Cease funeral home park rapids, minn

Posted by bluepoint at August 13, 2006 06:34 PM

correction: I googled and it is Bonin Soman Funeral home.

I think there are enough of these for a book.

Posted by bluepoint at August 13, 2006 06:41 PM

even more funereal wordplay! re: "thanks to 'Thane' for the link"

'thanatos' is Greek for 'death'

Posted by bluepoint at August 14, 2006 02:37 PM

八腕時計で天長動力時計機械分野で運動腕時計で注目されて、普通のムーブメントをこの分野で優勝した。また、この時計の表面に復雑で美しいデザイン:文字盤美しいジュネーヴ紋が刻まれて、文字盤の上の2つのウィンドウズ:6時位置の日付表示窓と12時位置の動力貯蔵表示窓、目立つの構造を作成する視覚効果の深さ。スーパーコピー時計2つの大型のアラビア数字——3時の数字と9時に数字を強くするこのハイテクの腕時計の表面の三次元立体の特徴。
[url=http://www.msnbrand.com/brand-copy-IP-24.html]gucci 鞄 スーパーコピー 2ch[/url]