Comments: I will probably not be doing any readings to promote this one

You are a genius to combine my two weaknesses--Sudoku and mail-away emblems of studliness--into one book. I'll buy the book and I'd even watch the movie version.

Posted by Greg at March 23, 2006 06:16 PM

I love that the hardest level is "cruel."

Posted by Erin at March 23, 2006 07:03 PM

Will some advance copies be in Stamford?

Furthermore, will YOU be in Stamford?

Posted by Tyler at March 23, 2006 08:22 PM

Now don't discount your wealth, Francis. It's in the eye of the beholder. Me, I like to think of myself as extremely wealthy. You know, what with my wealth of misfortunes, wealth of ailments, wealth of debt...

Forget wealth. You want riches! (No, that's nothing more than "abundant wealth".) Oh screw it. You want money.

Posted by Mister The Toad at March 23, 2006 09:16 PM

All right. I'm banning all Evil Midnight Bombers from engaging in any future metapuzzle-writing-for-money this year...

Posted by The Dan at March 23, 2006 11:19 PM

Tyler: I will be at Stamford, but, alas, I will not have copies of The Sudoku Code to sell. I will have copies of Holy Tango, though! (^_^)

Mister The Toad: You're right, I already have a wealth of good things -- love, friendship, CDs -- but yes, if I could have some money in addition to all that, that would be nice.

Dan: Yyyyyeah, because everyone at the Mystery Hunt is going to be so disappointed when they find out we didn't give them 200 sudoku puzzles to solve.

Posted by Francis at March 23, 2006 11:43 PM

Clever idea, and I like the cover.

Posted by Matt Gaffney at March 24, 2006 01:13 AM

Orange warned me about Sudoku, but I did not heed her plea, and got sucked into them anyway. I can tell I'm never gonna escape it's sinister clutches with you around, Francis.

Does the button when you win come with something else? Your autograph or a lock of hair?

Posted by monabuonanotte at March 24, 2006 01:27 PM

No, you'll have to stalk me for those, just like everybody else does.

Posted by Francis at March 24, 2006 01:47 PM

Snakes on Sudoku?

Posted by Alex at March 24, 2006 02:31 PM

I think I know what the coin is going to be next year...

Posted by Doug Orleans at March 24, 2006 10:57 PM

So when I solve this thing, can I also get an autographed picture of you next to me giving a thumbs up? I'm trying to start a collection. You'd be the second (Mick Foley).

I feel it only fair given the massive plug I'm going to give you in my own bloggy thing as soon as I get to work.

Posted by bpd at March 25, 2006 01:12 PM

Wow, I just finished "The Sudoku Code." It was the most difficult puzzle I have ever finished. It took me 146 hours. Thanks for the challenge! I understand how a computer program can generate sudoku puzzles but I am all a-gog about how you were able to create this complex of a puzzle. I found the one small mistake in the book, it was on about puzzle pair #55 where the anagram had a wrong letter in it. No matter, the mistake was easily overcome. Thanks again!

Posted by John Geffre at August 20, 2006 09:36 PM

I have a copy of the book is there an expiration date for sending in an answer? Although I'm far from that point. Betty

Posted by Betty Nye at September 15, 2012 07:46 PM

Dear Mr. Heaney,

Please help! Haha! I just bought a copy of this book, and I'm struggling! :( could there possibly be an error in my book? I've re-done the first few puzzles over and over again and my answers are always the same: #1 ATFYREOHU, #2 EVAFNIIHS and so on. I know that's not right. (Is it?)

Please help!