November 15, 2005

I define you!

Merriam-Webster is now accepting user contributions to its "Open Dictionary", which means that my fellow puzzle constructors can all start lobbying for "rotini". The five words featured on the front page at the moment are busticated, dinged, tramedy, Floboe, and adorkable. Anyone care to try guessing what those mean before looking them up? ("Dinged" is being used in a different sense than MW currently features.)

Posted by Francis at 11:57 AM

What will it take to get DETUNE/DETUNED into the Scrabble dictionary?

Posted by: Doug Orleans at November 15, 2005 03:27 PM

I would guess "ding(ed)" is being used as a verb to mean "rejected from a job interview" or some such.

Posted by: Ken/Cazique at November 15, 2005 06:19 PM

Oh, I hope the Floboe is a musical instrument that you attach to a vacuum cleaner.

Posted by: Scott at November 15, 2005 06:53 PM

Adorkable was coined on a board I read.

It's basically an adorable dork. (you'll have to look up "dork" now, I'll bet:)

Posted by: Sue at November 16, 2005 09:47 AM

Maybe dinged rhymes with singed. It would then mean "to have made something dingy."

Posted by: Rich at November 16, 2005 05:21 PM

Remarkable best sites to buy wow gold of the business office.

Posted by: best sites to buy wow gold at October 22, 2013 09:12 PM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?